Our receptionists have received training in care navigation to enhance their ability to connect patients directly with the most appropriate source of help. When you contact the practice, the receptionist will identify what your needs are. They will then be able to refer to information about services in the practice, other NHS providers and the wider care and support sector. Where appropriate, they will direct you to these services.
Services to which patients may be signposted include:
- Practice and specialist nurse appointments in the practice
- Acute ophthalmology services
- 111 in order to access an emergency dentist
- Mental health support including the local drugs and alcohol team.
- Community support services for carers and older people