Patient Participation Group
Aims and Objectives
By working together and understanding the needs of the surgery and the patients we aim to:
- Learn more about our patients’ experiences.
- Make sure services are designed and adapted to respond better to our patients needs.
- Tap into the enthusiasm and energy of our patients to make long term improvements.
- Develop and encourage closer relationships between staff and patients.
- Promote patient education.
- Improve the quality of care we provide.
- Identify ways of meeting patients’ needs more appropriately.
- Be able to use information provided by patients to help make improvements
- Make sure changes make sense to those that are affected by them.
- Ensure closer liaison between patients, Clinical Commissioning Groups and Social Services
House Keeping and Terms of Reference
- The group will meet every 2 – 3 months.
- The group will ideally have at least 6 patients present.
- The group will be chaired by Lorraine, the Practice Manager
- Notes will be taken of meetings by Mrs. Linda. Alvey
- Minutes will be tabled at Partners Meetings by Lorraine, the Practice Manager who will act as the link between the Patient Reference Group and the Practice.
- Minutes of meetings will be made available in the reception waiting area.
- All members of the Patient Reference Group will be required to sign the NHS Confidentiality Code of Conduct
Terms of Reference
- To provide a voice as patients on behalf of the population registered at the surgery.
- To recognise the need to consult with the wider registered population at the surgery on some issues, where specific groups will need to be targeted for their views eg children and young people, older people, people with disabilities etc.
- To achieve a dialogue between patient and practice so that some balance can be achieved between any conflicting aims and expectations.
- To provide feedback for planning new services and evaluation existing ones.
- To raise awareness of gaps in services and propose resolutions to help bridge gaps. 6. To provide a forum for trends in complaints to be discussed and proposals for resolution developed
- To hear reports of successes and praise the surgery and its staff receive from patients.
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.